Dear Parents and Guardians of Mayflower Private School students, we welcome you as you come to pick your wards upon the completion of the first term of the 2020-2021 session. Please carefully go through this newsletter which contains important information about second term which will commence on January 3, 2021, and be sure to obtain your copy of the School Calendar.
- This end of year break starts on Friday December 18, 2020, and extends to Sunday January 3, 2021.Mid-term break for second term holds from Wednesday February 10 until Sunday February 14, 2021.
2. School cardigan colours are red for girls, and grey for boys. Plain colour without printing or designs of any kind on them are mandated.
3. Please ensure that your ward gives you your copy of the calendar from us as well as the copy of your fees schedule for the following term. All students must obtain fees clearance or they will not be allowed back into the dormitories or classes upon their return for second term in January 2021. Report sheets (as noted in the prior text messages to parents) will be available online in addition to the usual hard copy. The school website is: www.mayflowerprivateschool.com. Our Facebook account is www.fb.me/mayflowerps. Our Twitter account is: www.twitter.com/mayflowerps .
4. JSS1 Passport Photos: Each student in JSS1 is to bring 2 copies of their recent passport sized photograph to school on January 3, 2021, to put into their Cumulative Record folder. Kindly write the child’s name, class and student number on the photos, and the date. Thank you.
5. Things needed by your child that should come with them on Sunday January 3, 2021 include white bed sheets, all uniforms in good repair, school sandals and socks. Supplies can also be purchased at the Canteen. Please as well buy all necessary text books for your child in good time. The booksellers come and pick up all unsold copies of textbooks, so it is wise to buy the books early this coming term before they are no longer available. The new daywear is available for sale in the uniform shop. All students are to come back to school with their hair barbed low.
6. All students in every class without exception are to come back with a photocopy of their birth certificate on Sunday January 3, 2021. This is to aid in obtaining ID cards for your wards from the authorities when such is demanded for. Parents who still have not submitted their ward’s Medical Report must likewise bring it on January 3, 2021.
7. Parents and guardians are requested to provide their current phone numbers to the school so that we can contact you in the case of any emergency. If you lose or change your phone number, please inform the school so that you will always receive our text messages. The school cannot be responsible for your not receiving official text messages if you do not provide us with an updated phone number. The school also cannot be held responsible for network failures resulting in non-receipt of text messages from the school; thus it serves parents to be diligent in checking the social media and parents’ platform to keep updated on vital issues and information.
8. As always we remind parents that all electronic games, cell phones, MP3 players etc., are prohibited at Mayflower Private School. Any phones or games etc. that are seized will be destroyed without exception. Students found with such contraband will be punished accordingly.
9. Bullying: Parents of senior students should sensitize their wards about the need to shun bullying of junior students. Infractions will be dealt with.
10. Security at Mayflower Private School: School gates close at 6 p.m. daily for the security of our students. Parents kindly follow the directives of our Security in this matter which is to ensure the safety of your wards. Do not drop children off after 6pm on resumption day without clearance, they will be returned home if fees have not been paid.
11. The date for Inter-House Sports Day this coming term has not been fixed as yet due to the uncertainty caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. Parents will be informed prior to the set date.
We wish our parents a peaceful and prosperous Holiday Season with your wards, and we look forward to seeing your children back at school with us on Sunday January 3, 2021.