Dear Parents and Guardians of Mayflower Private School students, w welcome you as you come to pick your wards upon the completion of the first term of the 2019/2020 session. Please carefully go through this newsletter which contains important information about second term which will commence on January 5, 2020, and be sur to obtain your copy of the School Calendar.
1. The end of year break starts on Friday, December 20, 2019, and extends to Sunday, January 5, 2020. Mid-term break for second term holds from Wednesday, February 19, 2020 until Sunday February 23, 2020. For the convenience of our parents, Inter-House ports will take place on Wednesday, February 19, 2020 when you are taking your wards home for mid-term.
NB: Due to the recent amendment made to the current session’s calendar by the Ogun State Ministry of Education which changed the mid-term date from February 26 to February 19, we have reschedule our Inter-House Sports which was earlier slated for Wednesday, February 26, 2020. It will now hold on Wednesday, February 19, 2020.
2. School cardigan colours are red for girls, and grey for boys. Plain colour without printing or designs of any kind on them are mandated.
3. Please ensure that your ward gives you a copy of the calendar from us as well as the copy of your fees schedule for the following term. All students must obtain fees clearance or they will not be allowed back into the dormitories or classes upon their return for second term in January 2020. Report sheets (as noted in the prior text messages to parents) will be available online in addition to the usual hard copy. The school website is www.mayflowerprivateschool.com. Our Facebook account is www.fb.me/mayflowerps. Our Twitter account is www.twitter.com/mayflowerps.
4. JSS1 Passport Photos: Each student in JSS1 is to bring two copies of their recent passport-sized photograph to school on January 5, 2020 to put into their Cumulative Record folder. Kindly write the child’s name, class, student number and date on the photos. Thank you.
5. Things needed by your child that should come with them on Sunday, January 5, 2020 include white bed sheets, all uniforms in good repair, sandals and socks. Supplies can also be purchased at the canteen. Please as well buy all necessary textbooks for your child in good time. The booksellers come to pick up all unsold copies of textbooks, so it is wise to buy the books early this coming term before they are no longer available. The new day wear is available for sale in the uniform shop. All students are to come back to school with their hair cut low.
6. All students in every class without exception are to come back with a photocopy of their birth certificate on Sunday, January 5, 2020. This is to aid in obtaining ID cards for your ward from the authorities when such is demanded. Parents who still have not submitted their ward’s medical report must likewise bring it on January 5, 2020.
7. Parents and guardians are requested to provide their current phone numbers to the school so that we can contact you in case of any emergency. If you lose or change your phone number, please inform the school so that you will always receive our text messages. The school will not be responsible for your not receiving official text messages if you do not provide us with an updated phone number. The school cannot also be held responsible for network failures resulting in non-receipt of text messages from the school; thus, it serves parents to be diligent in checking the school’s website, social media profiles and parents’ platform to keep updated on vital issues and information.
8. As always, we remind parents that all electronic games, cellphones, MP3 players etc., are prohibited at Mayflower Private School. Any phones or games etc. that are seized will be destroyed without exception. Students found with such contraband will be punished accordingly.
9. Bullying: Parents of senior students should sensitize their wards on the need to shun bullying of junior students. Infractions will be dealt with.
10. Security at Mayflower Pricate School: The school gate closes at 6:00pm daily for the security of our students. Parents should kindly follow directives of our security in this matter which is to ensure the safety of your wards. Do not drop children off after 6:00pm on resumption day.
11. Against Inter-House Sports Day on February 19, 2020, all students who are athletes should come back with canvas shoes. Such shoes should bear the student’s initials carefully marked on the outside before they come back to school to avoid confusion.
We wish our parents a peaceful and prosperous holiday season with your wards, and we look forward to seeing your children back at school with us on Sunday, January 5, 2020.