Dear Class of 2018, the Chalcedonics
The management and staff of Mayflower Private School take this opportunity to congratulate you in advance on your performance in your recent WAEC examination, and we want to say that we are very proud of your well-deserved results. Now as you prepare to complete your final year with your Valedictory Ceremony, we felicitate with you as well as your dear 4parents and guardians who have guided you this far, and we wish you all very bright futures.
Included below are some guidelines for your upcoming Valedictory Ceremony, slated for 9:00 am, Friday July 26, 2019.
1. All school fees debtors must fully balance their bills to be eligible to participate in the Valedictory Event, 3 Day Events or to receive their gift items. Please make sure that payment is made promptly into the usual accounts to avoid any embarrassment.
2. Your stated dress code is black and blue. We expect the usual black suit, trousers, skirt or dress to accompany your colours. Blue jeans and short skirts are not acceptable. Modesty is the order of the day.
3. Your hair must be cut low. A barber will be standing by to correct any infractions. There must be no makeup, lipsticks, high heels shoes, sunglasses or ornamental glasses of any kind, big jewelry or big belts in the case of boys.
4. You are expected back on the school grounds no earlier than 4:00 pm Monday July 22. Any student arriving on Monday must be on the school grounds by 6pm for security reasons. All students who have served their suspensions are welcome to come back to the school grounds starting on Monday so as to fully participate in all Valedictory events with their mates.
5. Once you arrive on the school grounds on Monday, you may not leave the grounds for any reason until after the Valedictory ceremony on Friday, July 26. Violations and/or absences of any kind from the dormitory on any night will impact upon your participation in the Valedictory Ceremony and other events (and indeed upon the holding of one of more of the programmes in the event of serious infractions.)
6. Your three days special programme of events that you requested for is below. A photographer will be on grounds to take any requested photos.
7. Chalcedonics Programme
Tuesday July 23, 2019: Vest Day
Morning: Special Gathering (7:00-9:00 am)
Afternoon: Mixed match (Humanities and Science) 4:00pm-5:00pm
Evening: Drama (6:00-7:00pm)
Wednesday July 24, 2019: Jersey Day
Morning: Morning Drill (5:30-730 am)
Afternoon: Novelty match (Public vs. Private School Boys) 4:00pm-5:00pm
Evening: Dance from the Chalcedonics (7:00-9:00pm)
Thursday July 25, 2019: White Day
Morning: Free time
Afternoon: School Tour (2:00pm-4:00pm)
Evening: Dance presentation by Juniors JSS3, SS1, SS2 (6:00-9:00pm)
8. The SS3 dormitories will be closed and locked by 5:00 pm on Friday, and all graduates must have left the grounds prior to 5:00 pm.
Once again we congratulate you all as you round up your secondary school days and move on to the next phase of your journey. Congratulations in advance to the Chalcedonics, the Mayflower Private School Class of 2019!