Dear Parents and Guardians of Mayflower Private School students: As we approach the end of the last term of this academic session 2018-2019, we want to appreciate our parents’ dedication to the education of their children, and their sacrifices to ensure their wards have a bright future. Please read through the following important points about Mayflower Private School.
1. All SS3 fees are due now: All parents of SS3 students are respectfully reminded that all school fees owing are past due and payable. Please make all effort to balance your wards’ fees now because any outstanding debts will impact upon their participation in Valedictory Service as well as delay and certificate issuance by the school upon university admission till the fees are paid.
2. All school fees for all students are due and payable. Failure to pay school fees will result in your ward not being permitted to take promotion examinations just as all other private schools.
3. All SS2 parents whose children will be in SS3 next session will be required to fill a form at the school attesting to the accuracy of their wards’ birthdates, correct name, etc. Inaccurate data or falsifying of birthdate etc. can invalidate external examination results or a student’s ability to enter the University of their Choice. Please make sure that you provide accurate information.
4. Holiday assignments: There are holiday assignments for all students in all subjects. Kindly ensure that your children complete all required work assigned to them prior to resumption on May 5th. Ensure that they read while at home and prepare for their promotion exams.
5. Discipline matters: Parents must check their children’s boxes before sending them back after this short break. All contraband such as mufti, bogus belts, cosmetics, unacceptable shoes, fancy sandals, fashion bags, fireworks, alcohol, cell phones, laptops etc. will be seized. Phones, mp3 players and mufti seized will be destroyed, and laptops will be confiscated until the last day of the term. A word to the wise is sufficient. Parents must always fill Exeat before taking their wards off the school grounds.
6. Parents are reminded yet again that they are not permitted to enter their ward’s dormitories under any circumstances. Parents who visit the school should visit the Principal’s Office during school hours and the Boarding Office after school hours and check in first. Parents are enjoined to park in the car park and walk in the grounds for the safety of our children.
7. Common entrance examination: Mayflower Private School and Mayflower Junior School will be conducting the final Common Entrance Examination on August 24, 2019, at 10:00 am. The fee is
N 5000 for the application form.
8. The excursion to Badagry will be taking place on Wednesday and Thursday July 24 and 25. There has been an upward adjustment to the fees charged because for safety reasons the students would be passing the night in Badagry rather than attempting to return that long distance back on the same day. Kindly contact Mr. Dauda on 0805-406-8032 for more details.
We wish all parents and their wards a happy weekend together, and we look forward to seeing you back with us on Sunday June 23, 2019.
Mayflower Private School Account Nos. are as follows:
Zenith Bank Plc. 101-201-4636
First Bank Plc. 201-298-4130
Wema Bank Plc. 012-066-3040
Staff Phone Numbers:
Mr. Kakra, Principal MPS 0803-481-5711
Mr. Okunuga, VP, MPS 0703-428-9531
Mr. Moyebi, Assistant Head Teacher 0903-854-9568
Ms. Kike, Accounting 0803-686-9538
Mr. Dauda Boarding Office 0805-406-8032
Mr. Chukwuemeka, Head Warden 0806-000-1209
Ms. Nwogu, Head Matron 0816-723-1333
Ms. C. Solarin, Proprietor (Texts preferred please) 0703-795-9999